intermittent fasting guide

Intermittent Fasting For Beginners Guide

When we discuss health and fitness, a majority of beginner’s have tendency to focus on which workout is the best one for them to do as well as hard to train. Truthfully, training is only 20% of the entire picture. The other 80% is then your diet.

No matter what your fitness goals are, first you will have to make changes to your diet so that it aligns with this objective. Since I started to pay attention to my health, I have had a lot of fitness goals: developing strength, building mass, and losing fat.

So what is the diet that I follow? It is quite simple.

I don’t eat any breakfast and eat just two meals per day. I eat my first meal at about 1:30 pm, and that is my lunch, and then the second and final meal that I have is at about 7 pm. I then fast for 16 hours until the next day at 1:30 pm.

You might be wondering if it is bad to not eat breakfast?

I thought that too. And due to that, I didn’t ever really get started on intermittent fasting for quite a few years. I thought that it was bad to skip breakfast. But after some time of consideration, I made the decision to try it out as an experiment.

My body fat surprisingly dropped 5% after three months of intermittent fasting (it went from 24% down to 19%), and my energy level didn’t see any negative effects. Every morning I trained my fasted condition with a bodyweight routine and saw significant improvements in my explosive power, endurance, and strength.

I have been practicing intermittent fasting for more than three years. My original purpose was to lose body fat and weight, but then I began to delve into the subject deeper in order to understand the benefits and advantages of intermittent fasting.

What is Intermittent Fasting?

This way of eating has been taking the Internet by storm. People are sharing their intermittent fasting journeys on YouTube, and then there are also a lot of beginner’s who think that intermittent fasting is stupid (watch this YouTube presentation now).

Over the last couple of years, all types of debates have been raging on about its effectiveness and practicality. There is research proving everything from promoting longevity to weight loss benefits, and there are also people saying that intermittent fasting is merely another diet fad without any sufficient proof and evidence.

My Personal Experience on Intermittent Fasting

This article is all about my some research and my own personal experience. I am not saying Intermittent Fasting is the greatest diet remedy that everybody should practice.  However, if you are looking for more information currently about Intermittent Fasting to decide whether or not you should start to implement this, then this is the plan for you (especially for beginner’s).

To be very clear, it is important to understand that intermittent fasting isn’t a diet plan. The way it should be viewed is as a diet pattern. Instead of telling what you should eat and should not eat – the way that a majority of diet programs that are available within the market do – intermittent fasting is all about when you should eat and when you should not.

A majority of intermittent fasting diet programs recommend that you eat a certain amount of specific foods like:

Paleo diet: recommends the raw organic foods consumed by early humans

Ketogenic diet: recommends low/no carbohydrates, high fat

Atkins diet: recommends low carbohydrate

However, intermittent fasting is exactly what it says it is – fasting. Intermittent fasting does not recommend increasing certain food intake or reduce certain food intake. You just have to fast within a certain time frame by reducing the frequency of your meals with bigger portions for each meal later.

In my personal situation, I am following one of the variations of intermittent fasting where I eat within an 8-hour window and then for the other 16 hours I fast, every day. That may be difficult for a majority of people to accept due to the fact that we have all been taught that our bodies need to have three meals at least per day, and it is recommended by the fitness industry that we eat more frequent, smaller portioned meals.

Intermittent Fasting has been practiced by many people and cultures in various religions like Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. There is also proof that shows that intermittent fasting was promoted and practiced by some of the great scientists and philosophers throughout history.

Please follow and like us: